Free Recipe Hearty Minestronestrong>
Recipe Type: I Recipes
Recipe Preparation: boil
Recipe Serves: 14
Ingredients for Hearty Minestrone Recipe
6 c Chicken Broth
1 ts Dried Basil
1 ts Dried Parsley
1/2 ts Ground Black Pepper
1 lg Onion, Chopped, Divided
4 md Carrots, Half,Slice,Divide
4 Stalks Celery,
-Half, Slice, Divide
14-1/2 oz Tomatoes, Can, Crushed
1-1/2 c Corn, Frozen
1-1/2 c Sliced Zucchini
15 oz Red Beans, Canned
3 oz Pasta, Seashell
1/2 c Grated Nonfat Parmesan, Plus
Hearty Minestrone Preparation
Notes: Chicken broth replaced the Hearty Beef Stock recipe called for. I omitted the 1 tbs plus 1 tsp instant beef bouillon granules and 3 cups shredded cabbage. 1 tsp each dried basil and parsley replaced the 2 tsp dried Italian seasonings.
1. Place the broth, basil, parsley, pepper, half of the onion, half of the carrots, and half of the celery, in a 5-quart pot, and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
2. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the vegetables to a blender. Add 1 1/2 c of the hot broth, and place the lid on the blender, leaving the top slightly ajar to allow steam to escape. Carefully blend at low speed until the mixture is smooth. Return the pureed mixture to the pot, and stir to mix well.
3. Add the remaining onion, carrots, and celery, along with the undrained tomatoes, to the pot, and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes, or until the vegetables are barely tender.
4. Add the corn to the pot, and simmer for 10 minutes. 5. Add the zucchini, beans, and pasta to the pot, and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for about 8 minutes, or until the pasta is al dente.
6. Ladle the soup into individual serving bowls, and serve hot, topping each serving with a rounded tsp of parmesan. Cal 177.4 Fat .
Posted to MC-Recipe Digest V1 #355 Recipe by: Secrets of Fat-Free Italian Cooking
How Do You Cook Hearty Minestrone?
If you know another way to cook Hearty Minestrone please make a comment in the form below to help other free recipe users make the best of this free recipie.